Disaster Research Programme (DRP)
A trans-disciplinary teaching, research and training programme on ‘Disaster Risk Reduction and Community Resilience against Climate Change Hazards’ brings together a collaboration of seven centres within JNU and six major institutions both public and private from outside JNU. The university is the most appropriate institution to initiate such a programme as it nurtures an energetic and motivated team of young scholars coming to the university for research and career building from every part of this diverse country. JNU is the only university in the country which nurtures such an ethnic, linguistic and cultural diversity unparalleled in its commitment to the larger goals of humanity and environmental well being . Its primary objective is to bridge the gap between policy makers and the recipients of policies by taking classroom research to communities and neglected regions. …….Read more
DRP IN THE MINISTER’S SPEECH IN PARLIAMENT
News & Events
- JNU-NIDM International Workshop , JNU New Delhi ,Transdisciplinary Disaster Research Programme, JNU-National Disaster Management Authority- and the Network of Asia- Pacific Schools and Institutions of Public Administration and Governance, Sri Lanka (NAPSIPAG)(Postponed till further notice).
- List of authors of the JNU- NIDM collaborative Disaster Research Programme upcoming book of “Vishakhapatnam Proceedings”
- JNU-NIDM collaborative Disaster Research Programme National workshop on “Urban Floods and Public Health”, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- JNU- NIDM COLLABORATIVE DISASTER RESEARCH PROGRAMME UPCOMING BOOK
Disaster Management: Bleaching Resilience in the midst of Undaunted Communities of Manipur and its Neighborhood.
- DRP in Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Home Affairs of India Kirren Rijijus speech in the Parliament
JNU-NIDM collaborative programme on transdisciplinary Disaster Research Programme has remained a game changing initiative in Disaster research
- “Release of Annual Reports” with Hon’ble Minister of State for Home Affairs of India Kirren Rijiju.
The Reports provide a comprehensive view of the undertakings of the programmes adopted by Disaster Research Programme.
- “Issues in Governance and Politics of North-East India”
By: Mahendra Prasad SinghEditor,
- “Disaster Law: The Rubric of Institutional Preparedness in Disaster Risk Reduction”
By Prof. Amita Singh, Professor- center for the Study of Law and Governance, JNU